West Blocton, Alabama Statistic: Population, Charts, Map, Steets and More

What is the Population & Steets of West Blocton City? Here are a few quick stats to keep in mind while playing this MMO. As you can see, the population of West Blocton City is a bit low. It's only a little more than one thousand people, but this number still seems low, especially when you consider that it's only the beginning.

The city of West Blocton is located in Bibb County, Alabama. It has a population of 1,244 as of the 2010 Census. The city is in the 205) area code. The population grew by 0.32% since the 2010 Census, but declined by 9.33% from the 2000 Census. To get a feel for the overall community, you can use our city map.

West Blocton was part of the Cahaba Basin during the 1880s coal rush, and as a result, its population nearly doubled. The town was home to many immigrant groups. The mines still function today, producing high-grade coal for railroad companies. The "beehive" coke ovens are still found in some of the town's mining sites. West Blocton is forty miles southwest of Birmingham, and was closely linked to the city's steel industry.

The unemployment rate in West Blocton City is 13.0% for people sixteen years or older. Only 6.7% of the population is employed by the government. The median household income in West Blocton City is $33,625, which is a bit higher than the national average. There are 72.9% of houses in the city that are owned, while the remaining 27.1% are rented.