Not just for high-profile cases, private investigators can be hired to conduct surveillance on a cheating spouse or romantic interest, to identify possible thieves by showing sting operations at stores or even to help in a case of suspected child abuse. Private detectives are also often hired for general personal inquiries like infidelity investigations or background checks.
Private investigators are private, discreet, and effective. They can be hired to find information about a person, their whereabouts, or anything else you might need. Private investigators provide genuine services and not just talk shop on the internet like many other professional services businesses. This article will help you get a sense of what it costs to hire a PI, as well as some great options for companies starting. Below mentioned are the points that we would be covering in this article:
- Factors that Affect the Private Investigator Cost
- How Much Is a Private Investigator
- Why Use FindPeopleFast Instead of Hiring a Private Investigator
Factors that Affect the Private Investigator Cost
The cost of hiring a private investigator will vary widely depending upon the location, the type of information needed, and the services you feel can be quietly done.
Although most private investigators do not have a set cost for specific services, this is a list of the particular services charged:
Some investigators may advertise that they are cheap or even free. These services usually only find essential information like name, address, phone number, and email address.
The cost of hiring a private investigator should always be based on the value of the information requested, and the investigation asked. The services range from $65 to $300 per hour for most well-established companies that state agencies license.
The rate is usually based on the following factors:
- The experience of the investigator.
- The number of years they have been in business.
- The value that you are looking to learn from the investigation.
- The size of the area where surveillance will take place and the duration of the investigation.
- The previous evidence or information gathered by this private investigator.
- The importance of the case.
- Your budget.
How Much Is a Private Investigator?
An average cost can range anywhere from $300 to $500 per hour ($500-$1000 per day). Some companies charge by the job, and others are quote/bid. For example, a new investigator fresh out of college will likely be quoted a price of around $500-$700 or more.
For someone in the industry with many years of experience, expect to pay anywhere from $250 to $350 per hour, depending on what they are looking for.
Hourly Rates- Personal Service
The average rate for an experienced private investigator is about $75 per hour. This may sound expensive, but remember it can save you money and time.
Flat Fee- Outsourced Service
Some private investigators charge by the job; it's much easier to quote a flat fee for investigative services than to quote by each hour. This can be very helpful in knowing what to expect, and the private investigator does not have to worry about time spent on a case if they are busy.
Retainer- Ongoing Service
Some people require a private investigator on an ongoing basis. For example, you may need to keep track of someone on an almost daily basis. These services can be expensive, but they do not have to be. A great way to get around this is by signing up for ongoing assistance with a private investigator and paying a lower cost per hour than average but an overall lower monthly fee.
Why Use FindPeopleFast Instead of Hiring a Private Investigator?
FindPeopleFast offers a better alternative to hiring a private investigator for many reasons.
- You don't have to pay a "Round Trip" Fee. The private investigator will not have to be born again when they return to you with information like a background check or a photograph of someone for your case. This is an added cost that can be avoided, and it may help you save some money in the long run.
- You will know the person is a real private investigator Every private investigator that accesses Find People is required to complete a free registration process and get their ID verified by us. Some "private investigators" are nothing more than private eyes who charge for information that they can get for free at public records sites.
- You don't have to worry about the PI giving you old information or outdated results. Some results could be outdated or inaccurate, especially if it has been a while since you've had an update on the person being investigated.
- The PI will have to meet a set of guidelines and standards that they must adhere to. A private investigator is usually required to comply with these guidelines and standards
- You're not only hiring a private investigator; you are also hiring their staff. An advanced service may have subcontractors who are also involved in the investigation for some companies. These people may still require a background check on them, so they need to be reviewed.
- FindPeopleFast.com takes the information to the next level FindPeopleFast looks at everything, including education, professional licenses, court records, and links to other social media sites that could be related to your search. This will help you learn more about your subject and become a lot closer to a good idea of who they are and what part of their life you are interested in.
Private investigators can be a great help and are usually a good investment if you have the funds for them. Although they may be expensive, they are worth the cost of finding out what you need to know when resolving troubling issues or just for information about someone.
So, save your money and use FindPeopleFast as your private investigator. Then you will know that you are getting a natural private eye instead of someone who is just out to make money.